Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Par Taps’ warranty covers the repair and/or replacement of any product which is defective through faulty workmanship or faulty materials. Our warranty is in addition to other rights and remedies available to the customer under law. The warranty period commences from date of purchase. In order to make a warranty claim you must follow the steps listed below. Your claim will then be considered and processed. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to Par Taps unless this involves unreasonable cost in which case Par Taps will make necessary arrangements for collection/inspection. Par Taps will decide the steps necessary to rectify the problem which may involve a repair, a replacement or a refund. Par Taps will not be liable for any claim/s for labour, additional products or parts associated with alleged faulty product or for work not approved by Par Taps save for those covered by the Australian Consumer Law. Should a warranty claim be made and attended to by a Par Taps service agent and the fault is deemed to be due to an improper installation or due to other goods used in conjunction with the goods, Par Taps reserves the right to charge a call out fee and, if the service agent repairs the product, an additional service fee will be payable by the owner of the residence where the goods have been installed.
To the extent permitted by law, Par Taps will not be liable for any loss or damage to furniture, floor coverings, walls, fixtures or any other consequential loss of any kind caused by any defect in the products or components. Any warranty shall be void due to any of the following occurring:
- Products not installed by a licensed plumber.
- The inability to provide proof of purchase or documents with the adequate information
- Tapware exposed to water pressures and or temperatures that exceed stated limitations as per the product
- Installation instructions
- Isolation stop valves not fitted as stated on installation instructions
- Products not installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions
- Products used for incorrect applications, non-potable water etc
- Damage as a result of debris/particles due to inadequate flushing of system prior to installation
- Failure to clean and/or replace aerator insert
- Damage to finishes by abrasive chemicals, sealants etc
- Damage to finishes during installation or post installation
- Failure to observe manufacturer’s care and cleaning instructions.
Custom Made or Finished Products
Par Taps Pty Ltd offers a custom made service whereby many products can be manufactured to suit your clients needs including sizing changes and also a variety of coated or natural finishes. As the variety is great we encourage you to contact our office by either email or fax with an accurate diagram and/or description of the particular product / s you do require and we shall advise you if the work is within our parameters and also your nett pricing for the custom made product/s. A minimum of 30 working days in required to complete the product/s excluding shipping time. Under no circumstances are the custom made products or finishes available for credit or return.
Par Taps’ Domestic & Residential Warranty Period on all purchases from 1 March 2016
Mixers / Tapware
- 10 years Ceramic Disc Cartridge Part only
- 10 years Replacement part/s excluding general wear & tear
- 1 year labour
*Excludes Jumper Valves, O-rings and washers & General wear & tear
- 5 years replacement part/s 1 year labour
- 2 years replacement for shower hoses
- 1 year replacement part/s 1 year replacement part/s
- 1 year replacement part/s only
*Excludes any finishes that will naturally patina with time. Please Read Finish Disclosure below
This finish disclosure applies to Antique Bronze, Antique Copper, Native Brass, Polished Brass, Copper, Rumbled Brass, Raw Brass or any other finish that is noted to patina with time.
These finishes are a natural finish and will patina (a thin layer that variously forms on the surface of on copper, bronze and similar metals produced by oxidation or other chemical processes) if not immediately, then over time. This patina effect will vary and alter in appearance through time and use.
Par Taps takes no responsibility for the alteration to the finish or if the finish leaches onto any surface/s.
Your product/s are still covered by our Warranty in terms of operation and performance so you still have peace of mind for the next 10 years providing you keep you receipt.
Commercial warranty is limited to 1 year parts & labour.
- Commercial warranty is anything other than a domestic or residential property.
Warranty Contact Details:
All claims are to be made to Par Taps Pty Ltd by either email, fax or mail, with a description of the alleged fault together with proof of purchase, the delivery docket with the purchase order (available from the store the goods were purchased from, details of the licenced plumber who installed the goods where Applicable.) Please forward all the required details to;
Par Taps Pty Ltd
25 – 27 Bellevue Crescent Preston, VIC 3072
p: 03 9484 0960